On the territory of the Holiday Center there is a group of buildings of the former mansion of the count Olsufiev including the main building in Empire style (built in 1837 by A.Grigoriev, an architect) as well as a park landscape. The Ershovo Trinity Cathedral built in 1829 in accordance with the A.Grigoriev design has been blown up on January 6, 1942 by the German troops. In the period of 1995 – 1999 new cathedral was built at the place of the destroyed one using the drawings of A.Grigoriev. On November 11, 1999 the Cathedral has been consecrated by Alexis II, the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia.
This is a Russian Orthodox monastery in Zvenigorod existing since the end of 14th Century. It is considered as third by importance monastery in Russia. First is Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius, second is Optina Monastery. This monastery looks like well armed fortress. The word “Storozhevsky” means “Guard” in Russian. Walls and towers was built during the rule of tsar Alexey Mihaylovich. Rublevo-Uspenskoye highway (at that time it was called just Tsar’s Road) was built specially to make road from Moscow to monastery easy to tsar.This diminutive, roughly hewn church still stands, although its present-day exquisite look is the result of recent restoration. The frescoes in the altar date back to the 1420s, but the rest of the interior was painted in 1656. A magnificent iconostasis in five tiers and the Stroganov School heaven gates were installed in 1652.
To get advice on the possible cultural program in Moscow (due to the enormous number of possibilities) please contact Dmitry Kovalev, tel: +7 (916) 1530375; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Tutorial application submission||31.05.2016|
|Notification of acceptance||11.07.2016|
|Notification of acceptance||30.06.2016|
|Satellite Event submission||01.04.2016|
|Notification of acceptance||15.04.2016|